The Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) project is designed to be fully post-quantum secure using PQ-CRYPTO recommended cryptography. Following nearly two years of development, the successful launch of the QRL Mainnet in June 2018 saw the creation of the world's first fully post-quantum secure blockchain ledger project.
QRL was early to recognize the threat quantum computers posed, not just to data security of the world, but blockchain as well. In response, we created a fully open source (MIT), independently audited[2,3], blockchain platform[4,5], secure against even an attack from quantum computers.
With security as a foundation, we've developed a feature rich platform with things like notarization, multisig transactions, and an Ephemeral Messaging System. This is all done with performance in mind to handle volumes expected of any enterprise-grade blockchain.
Future developments include Smart Contracts, and PoS. QRL is backed by the research of individuals, organizations and institutions, with citations from several. We are committed to the scientific philosophy to development with 3 open research grants.
1. MIT License: https://github.com/theQRL/QRL/blob/master/LICENSE
2. X41 D-Sec: https://github.com/theQRL/audits/blob/master/X41-theQRL-Review-2018-Final-Report.pdf
3. red4sec: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/red4sec-security-audit-563ecfe04c75
4. API: https://api.theqrl.org/
5. Documentation: https://docs.thqrl.org/
6. XMSS: https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-208-draft.pdf
7. Notarisation: https://docs.theqrl.org/tools/notarisation/
8. Multisig Transactions: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/the-qrl-bromine-hardfork-a-look-inside-2eed61ea90fd#3065
9. Ephemeral Messaging System: https://github.com/theQRL/ephemeral/blob/master/EMS_whitepaper_v1.pdf
10. QRL Technical: Weeks 36-37: https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/qrl-63813234ef23
11. Citations: https://theqrl.org/research/#s:citations
12. Research Grants: https://theqrl.org/research/grants/